Brandon Hall Group’s new research study, Assessing Assessments: Value and Impact looks at how organizations make talent decisions, which impacts organizational performance and culture. The findings are quite interesting. Download a free copy here.
- The majority of organizations use assessments to make talent decisions.
- Organizations using pre-hire assessments are more likely to see year-over-year improvement in quality of hire (44% vs. 32%) and employee retention (32% vs. 23%) than their cohorts.
- Organizations using post-hire assessments are more likely to see year-over-year improvement in employee engagement (50% vs. 40%), customer satisfaction (51% vs. 40%) and customer retention (45% vs. 35%) than their cohorts.
- The most important metrics for pre-hire assessment users are: improved quality of hire (68%), improved new hire retention rate (48%), and improved time-to-proficiency (37%).
- The most important metrics for pre-hire assessment users are: Improved organizational performance (54%), increased employee engagement (52%), employee goal attainment (48%) and reduction in employee turnover (41%).
Corporate leadership needs to set the tone and expectation that the assessment process should be taken seriously by taking the time to get involved and follow-through with the right feedback discussions. Operational support is important for assessment implementation. – Lisa Meier, Director of Talent and OD, Pace Industries
For more information about Brandon Hall Group’s research, please visit www.brandonhall.com.