Corporate learning is a business function and it has never been as important as it is right now. As organizations navigate COVID-19, the economic downturn, social issues and digital transformation, learning plays a critical role.
But the learning professional of today — and the future — has more responsibility and a larger role to play than creating learning solutions.
Learning professionals must:
- Be tuned in like never before to the needs of the business
- Be change advocates, coaches and mentors
- Reach out beyond the learning team and listen to all stakeholders about current needs and ways they want to learn
- Collaborate and act as internal consultants
- Leverage data to create learning strategies that attain desired business outcomes
In short, the learning professional must be a strategist with strong business acumen who helps organizations achieve goals for all stakeholders. This is no small task.
Brandon Hall Group research shows that:
- Only one-third of organizations believe their learning strategy helps them achieve business goals
- More than 75% of organizations believe they will need to increase the quality of experiential and informal learning in the next two years.
- More than 70% of organizations believe virtual learning will be used at about the same frequency as it has been during the coronavirus pandemic.
This is why Brandon Hall Group, with 27 years of experience researching corporate L&D and advising Fortune 1000 companies, launched its Certified Learning Strategist program.
Learning professionals who earn the CLS designation:
- Are positioned as business leaders with expertise in strategic learning and development
- Develop broad capabilities to assume a variety of roles to leverage learning to improve business outcomes
- Expand their ability to collaborate with a broad group of stakeholders across the enterprise
The CLS program is a learning journey free of ratings or grades. It is focused solely on enabling learning professionals to learn and apply new competencies to drive business results in their organizations. Busy learning professionals can complete the certification at their own pace. And it is all done virtually.
Like all great professional learning programs, the CLS program benefits both the individual, who will be positioned for career growth, and the employer, who will gain a more engaged, strategic thinker focused like never before on the needs of the business.
And Brandon Hall Group’s learning and development experts, with more than 120 years of collective experience, are available throughout the certification process to answer questions and provide support.
For more information, contact us at email@example.com
-Claude Werder, Senior Vice President and Principal HCM Analyst, Brandon Hall Group
For information on Brandon Hall Group’s research and how we can assist your organization, please visit www.brandonhall.com
We are a human capital management research and advisory firm with more than 10,000 clients globally. For over 25 years, we have been delivering research-based solutions that empower excellence in organizations around the world. Our vision is to inspire a better workplace experience. Becoming a Brandon Hall Group member means our team joins your team. Membership provides a host of resources and services and – most importantly — a seasoned team of thought leaders and client support professionals dedicated to your success.