The world is in the foothills of technological revolution. Artificial Intelligence (AI) holds the potential to be as transformative as the ever-evolving global economy. Previously, it was just a distant dream, but today it is everywhere. We carry it in our cars, pockets and in ample web services we use throughout the day. With digitization, most of the organizations are applying AI technologies to reinvent their learning environment. AI comprises of different technologies including intelligent agents, automated cars, chatbots, machine learning and voice recognition. When these embed with e-learning, the workplace efficiency is improved.
Advancements in technology including data analytics and other cloud-based services have enabled AI to flourish across different organizations. In future, the implementation of AI based technologies will change the face of corporate learning, simplify user interface and unleash new levels of organizational growth. To unlock ample opportunities for AI, organizations should focus on these following areas:
- Reshape business models & learning processes. Modern machines intelligently review learning processes and follow automated approach to refine learning experience.
- Foster relationship between humans & machines. Using AI, organizational workforce spends more time in doing exceptional work to boost a workplace learning culture.
- Improve value from data. Educators apply AI to improve competency using learning analytics and algorithms, blending data in novice ways to deliver engaging learning experiences and deep insights.
How is AI Different Today?
The role of AI in Human Resources (HR) department is emerging, especially for training new hires. Natural language processing is one of the major areas in AI that enables HR to communicate new policies and procedures in an efficient way. With ample data provided to the personnel, it is more convenient to train and improve their knowledge competency. Today, seeking the right information at the right time is just a click away. Earlier, they had to feed input to make the computer understand. For instance, scheduling an interview for an employee with different managers. But now, HR professionals use different tools to schedule meetings on the calendar and manage the time of their employees. Several ways where AI has shown a significant result with HR based activities include:
- Employee engagement. When an employee applies for a job, it takes time to collaborate with them for interview rounds. AI is applied to automate this process by sending auto-generated emails or messages, thereby engaging employees till the end.
- Application screening. Plethora of AI tools are used to engage candidates before they apply for any position. This helps HR to assess candidates’ as per the desired job roles and whether they fit in that role.
- Onboarding. When a new candidate joins, the company organizes an orientation program to introduce their policies and regulations. AI uses resources to gather relevant information, thereby boosting workforce efficiency whey they begin to work actually.
Applications of Artificial Intelligence
Data-driven approach is driving the e-learning market using AI, with organizations leveraging its significance for predictive modelling. Various industries where AI leads in delivering an engaging learning experience are as follows:
- Manufacturing. Using automated learning, manufacturing companies can employ efficient demand forecasting, flexible supply chain and accurate inventory system. Other benefits include creation of smarter and more efficient sound processes.
- Finance. One of the major benefits of AI in banking and finance services sector, include mitigation of risks and automatic detection of systematic failures.
- Consumer goods & services. AI has enhanced the corporate learning experience for employees to make them aware of new products and services, as per changing consumer needs.
- Healthcare. The application of AI in healthcare provides support to systems to identify risks, assess different medical situations and prescribe as per tailored administration.
Industry experts concur that scope of Artificial Intelligence will experience a stronger growth in the next few years. Business growth will hinge on the ability of sectors who adopt AI based technologies to deliver e-learning. AI tools enhance workplace productivity by aligning to the customized needs of learners. Collaboration also uses this technology to assist educators in delivering optimized training classes. The AI wave is on the rise and along with increasing efficiency and driving innovation, AI has the potential to reshape the entire learning experience for employees.
Author– Anubha Goel, G-Cube
Anubha Goel is a content writer at G-Cube. She loves to write about new technologies in eLearning industry and exploring novice ideas for the new-age learners.