Host: Rachel Cooke, Chief Operating Officer, Brandon Hall Group
Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a global, integrated healthcare services and products company, providing customized solutions for hospitals, health systems, pharmacies, ambulatory surgery centers, clinical laboratories and physician offices worldwide. The company provides clinically-proven medical products and pharmaceuticals and cost-effective solutions that enhance supply chain efficiency from hospital to home. Cardinal Health connects patients, providers, payers, pharmacists and manufacturers for integrated care coordination and better patient management. Backed by nearly 100 years of experience, with approximately 50,000 employees in nearly 60 countries, Cardinal Health ranks among the top 25 on the Fortune 500
In this episode, we discuss the challenges of medical salesforce training. Salespeople can be the most difficult part of the workforce to train and they are usually the face of the company to customers. They need to be knowledgeable about the company’s products and services, while possessing the requisite skills and information to be effective salespeople in a demanding industry.
- Connecting with busy salespeople
- Ensuring what they need to know is easily accessed and retained
- The importance of engaging learning interactions
- How Cindy’s experience as a sales rep informs her approach to training a large and diverse salesforce
- The future: Harmonizing training, gamification and blended learning
We also reflect on the recent Excellence Conference as Cindy shares some personal insights and more.