Barbara Farley, Senior Director, Global Competency Center, Conduent Learning Services
Rachel Cooke, Chief Operating Officer, Brandon Hall Group
David Wentworth, Principal Learning Analyst, Brandon Hall Group
In this episode of HCMx Radio, we interview Barbara Farley, Senior Director, Global Competency Center, at Conduent Learning Services to continue a discussion from a webinar we co-delivered on Robots and Automation in HR.
Machine learning is a fascinating subject that is not considered so futuristic anymore. We see many forms of robotic process automation in use in and out of the workplace. We may not have a robot assistant doing our laundry at home and transcribing our notes in the office – but it’s coming.
We cover in our discussion:
- What is the future of Robotic Process Automation (RPA)?
- How we interact with RPA now in our everyday life.
- What does automation look like for human capital management purposes?
- What are some options for creating an automated solution?
Barbara shared the following considerations for RPA:
- RPA is not typically a good solution for low-volume tasks – the cost wouldn’t be worth it.
- Look for processes that are pretty standardized, e.g., high volume and low touch that include consistent rules and order.
- Inconsistent rules don’t work well.
“Your strategy for RPA will help you streamline your process for better process standardization, innovation, and simplicity! Does the process need so many variations? Most of the time, if the answer is no, then get rid of it,” Barbara said. “The biggest fear people have is that we’re replacing people. It is just the opposite; we are improving and elevating people up.”
To listen to the interview, you can download or stream the podcast anytime at the HCMx Radio site.