Many organizations are beginning to blend new learning experiences with more traditional learning experiences. One of the current barriers for delivering a blend of different learning methods is the technology itself. Increasingly, organizations need a learning management system platform that is able to manage blogs, collaborative and cooperative learning, informal learning, instructor-led classroom training, as well as many other established and emerging technologies.
To address the need for LMSs able to handle blended learning approaches, we’ve just published Learning Management Systems for Blended Learning: Which System to Buy and How to Buy It. Written by Janet Clarey, Senior Researcher at Brandon Hall Research, this report provides the following:
- An analysis of the features required for an LMS to manage blended learning.
- Best practices, advice, and tools for purchasing an LMS that supports blended learning.
- An analysis of content formats in the field of blended learning, with descriptions, pros and cons, implementation factors, and online resources.
- Reviews of 30+ learning management systems that are suited for a blended learning environment.
- At-A-Glance chart of key features of the system (interoperability, collaborative tools, vertical market information, pricing details, etc.).