It’s a New Year! Like most people this time of year puts us all into a mood for reflection on the coming opportunities. We like to look at every new year as a bundle of unopened opportunities that could change the way we work and manage our day to day lives.
Business leaders will be driving many multifaceted initiatives in 2013. Today as we think forward, our economy still could be impacted from the ramifications of the just-passed fiscal cliff deal in Washington and further political wrangling. We also know that in just a few short years our world has changed dramatically and cloud, mobile, and social based businesses have led that change. This year leaders wonâ€™t be as focused on getting ahead of the changes as they will be on monetizing and sustaining their business brand through the changes. That said, based on our research over the years, here are the developments we predict over the course of 2013:
- Driving customer interactions: Relationships are back.Â CEO’sÂ will demand and keep pushing companies to become obsessive about their customers.
- A new look at partnerships and alliances. In a world of global economic instability and uncertainty, savvyÂ CEO’sÂ will mitigate risks and position their organizations for success by teaming up with other organizations to make their products, deliver their services, and reach their customers.
- Going Beyond Big Data Buzz. Executives will be pushing to increase their organizationsâ€™ expertise in data and analytics to uncover important market trends and factors that will lead them down the road to success.
- Outsourcing product development overseas diminishes.Â Companies will start to realize the hidden costs of outsourcing.
- Talent Retention takes first prize. This is the year when most companies will â€śgetâ€ť the need to not just find, but also retain, great talent.
- Aptitude becomes the new skill. The labor market is not currently experiencing a talent crunch, but is experiencing a skills shortage and the two have significant differences.
Prior to joining Brandon Hall Group, Mike Cooke was the Chief Executive Officer and co-founder of AC Growth.
Mike held leadership and executive positions for the majority of his career, at which he was responsible for steering sales and marketing teams to drive results and profitability. His background includes more than 15 years of experience in sales, marketing, management, and operations in the research, consulting, software and technology industries. Mike has extensive experience in sales, marketing and management having worked for several early high-growth emerging businesses and has implemented technology systems to support various critical sales, finance, marketing and client service functions. He is especially skilled in organizing the sales and service strategy to fully support a company's growth strategy. The concept of growth was an absolute to Mike and a motivator in starting AC Growth, in order to help organizations achieve research driven results.
Most recently, Mike was the VP and General Manager of Field Operations at Bersin & Associates, a global analyst and consulting services firm focused on all areas of enterprise learning, talent management and talent acquisition. Tasked with leading the company's global expansion, Mike led all sales operations worldwide. During Mike's tenure, the company has grown into a multi-national firm, conducting business in over 45 countries with over 4,500 multi-national organizations.
Mike started his career at MicroVideo Learning Systems in 1992, eventually holding a senior management position and leading all corporate sales before founding Dynamic Minds. Mike was CEO and Co-Founder of Dynamic Minds, a custom developer of software programs, working with clients like Goldman Sachs, Prentice Hall, McGraw Hill and Merrill Lynch. Also, Mike worked for Oddcast, a leading provider of customer experience and marketing solutions, where he held a senior management position leading the company into new markets across various industries.
Mike also serves on the Advisory Board for Carbon Solutions America, an independent sustainability consulting and carbon management firm that specializes in the design and implementation of greenhouse reduction and sustainability plans as well as managing the generation of carbon and renewal energy and energy efficiency credits.
Mike attended University of Phoenix, studying Business Administration and Finance. He has also completed executive training at the Chicago Graduate School of Business in Chicago, IL.