Submitted by: Meghan Locke of Davies Murphy Group on behalf of Brainshark, Inc.
Updated SlideShark iPad App Lets Mobile Professionals Share PowerPoint® Presentations Online for On-Demand Viewing on All Major Devices, Plus New Content Management Capabilities
WALTHAM, Mass. — March 14, 2012 — Brainshark, Inc., the leader in online and mobile presentations, announced the availability of an updated version of its free SlideShark iPad app, available in Apple’s
App Store. Solving the PowerPoint-on-iPad problem, SlideShark’s latest version includes the ability to share PowerPoint presentations from the iPad that can be viewed on-demand by audiences on nearly any device – including computers, tablets and smartphones. Users can even track the views of presentations they share – enabling mobile professionals to follow up in an informed, timely manner. Additional new features include content management and search capabilities as well as support for new file types.
By using SlideShark, mobile professionals around the globe can reliably view and present PowerPoint presentations on the iPad the way they were meant to be seen – preserving fonts, colors, animations and graphics. Since its launch in October 2011, SlideShark has netted two downloads per minute, 24×7, is consistently ranked among the top productivity apps in Apple’s App Store and has been honored with numerous awards.
The latest version of SlideShark (v1.5) now includes the following features:
- Share presentations – Users can easily share links to online versions of their presentations by email or social media channels (including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn) from the app or their online account for on-demand viewing on nearly any device.
- Track results – Instant email notifications alert users when their shared presentations are viewed. SlideShark Plus and Team Edition users also receive details on who viewed and which slides were viewed.
- Re-order slides – The ability to re-order slides by tapping and moving them to the desired location lets users tailor presentations for specific audiences, complementing SlideShark’s existing hide/un-hide slides feature.
- Search for presentations – Users have easy, instant access to specific content by using the new search functionality to locate presentations in their account.
- Select favorites – By tapping the star icon next to a presentation, users are able to select and filter their favorites for convenient access to the presentations they use most often.
- Delete content – Users can delete files from their online account from the iPad, freeing up additional storage space as needed.
- Expanded file support – In addition to supporting .ppt and .pptx files, the app now supports .pps and .ppsx file types.
SlideShark’s multi-user version, SlideShark Team Edition, which provides team-wide access to content and valuable usage analytics, also has updated features, including allowing administrators to control team members’ ability to share presentations. In addition, administrators now also have a link within the app for convenient access to the account administration console.
“The updated version of SlideShark is game-changing because it allows mobile professionals not only to view the PowerPoints they rely on, but also to share and track presentations from the iPad while ensuring they play properly for others, regardless of device,” said Brainshark CEO Joe Gustafson. “By offering on-demand viewing and tracking capabilities, users can easily access and share important business content anytime, anywhere – including before a meeting for preparation purposes or after a meeting as a leave-behind – and also obtain valuable insight into how their content is being consumed for effective and timely follow-up.”
For more information about SlideShark or to download the latest version of the app, please visit www.slideshark.com.
About Brainshark, Inc.
Brainshark provides the leading cloud-based software for creating, sharing and tracking online and mobile video presentations. With Brainshark, businesspeople can easily transform static content such as
PowerPoint® documents into voice-enriched video presentations that can be accessed anytime, on-demand. Customers can also obtain extensive viewing details, enabling them to measure the effectiveness of their content and follow up accordingly. Thousands of companies – including a third of the Fortune 100 – rely on Brainshark to increase the impact and reduce the cost of their sales, marketing, training and HR
communications. For more information, visit www.brainshark.com.