Additional Enhancements, Including Support for Apple AirPlay and Background Music, Are Also Available to All Users of SlideShark, Brainshark’s Free App for Reliably Viewing and Sharing PowerPoints on the iPad
WALTHAM, Mass. — June 11, 2012 — Brainshark, Inc., the leader in online and mobile presentations, today announced enhancements and customer momentum for SlideShark Team Edition, the multi-user version of SlideShark, the popular mobile app for reliably viewing and sharing PowerPoints on the iPad – with fonts, animations, graphics and colors intact. Through the addition of folders for convenient content storage and management, Brainshark is supporting Team Edition users with a powerful and easy way to find, view and control access to content – helping put timely, approved materials at the fingertips of the people who need them.
SlideShark Team Edition enables organizations to securely distribute PowerPoint presentations to teams of mobile business professionals, such as sales teams, so they can view, show and share presentations effectively on their iPads. Organizations can take advantage of multi-user access to team content and storage; content access and management; and valuable content usage analytics and viewer tracking capabilities. Now, through the addition of folders and their associated functionality, organizations can meet the needs of even larger teams, with features including:
- Folder management – Account administrators can create, modify and delete folders to organize content – for example, categorizing materials by topic or region.
- Content management – Administrators and content owners can easily add presentations to folders, delete presentations from folders, or move presentations from one folder to another.
- Permission-based access – It’s also easy for administrators to control which users have access to which folders, and which users (if any) can upload content into folders.
Since SlideShark Team Edition’s launch in February, Brainshark has continued to introduce innovative new features and enhancements, and see strong traction in verticals including pharmaceuticals, technology, insurance and financial services. Companies across these industries and more report taking advantage of SlideShark Team Edition’s multi-user functionality and benefitting from improved insight into how users are accessing and interacting with content. Examples include:
- Guerbet LLC, U.S. subsidiary of the Guerbet Group, a leading multinational diagnostic imaging company, uses SlideShark Team Edition as its primary vehicle for disseminating product marketing materials and messaging. According to Guerbet, SlideShark provides a flexible platform supporting a range of communication opportunities – helping facilitate one-on-one discussions, as well as larger group presentations. Implementing SlideShark Team Edition serves as a key component of Guerbet’s “green” initiatives – bringing the subsidiary closer to its goal of being 100 percent paper-free in its promotional materials. “In addition to providing environmental benefits, SlideShark Team Edition gives our representatives on-the-go access to our most current collateral – increasing our effectiveness while reducing our production expenses dramatically,” said Melissa Buchanan, Guerbet XRAY brand manager. “We are very pleased with the success of our initial implementation and look forward to expanding our use of SlideShark.”
- Cleveland Construction, Inc., a national provider of construction services, uses SlideShark Team Edition to help employees and board members prepare for meetings. “SlideShark Team Edition enables us to ensure that PowerPoint presentations we make available for important meetings are easily accessible via the iPad, in only their most up-to-date version – making it easy to view slides en route to a meeting, present them there and have access to the final decks afterward,” said Jan Bjorksten, IT manager at Cleveland Construction.
SlideShark Team Edition users, as well as SlideShark Plus subscribers and all users of the free SlideShark app, can also take advantage of many other new features and enhancements, now available in SlideShark v1.7:
- Support for Apple AirPlay – Using SlideShark in conjunction with Apple AirPlay, business professionals can wirelessly stream their presentations to a projector or monitor that is connected to Apple TV. And when iPad 2 and third-generation iPad users use SlideShark’s Presenter Mode at the same time, they’re able to view slide notes, timers, an animation counter and slide thumbnails on the iPad – all while the audience views the content projected in full-screen mode.
- Support for background music – Users can now play or listen to music from other apps such as iTunes or Pandora in the background while using SlideShark.
- Even easier navigation – When viewing or presenting slides, making a “swipe back” gesture on the iPad now moves the presentation back one animation at a time. If already at the beginning of a slide, the gesture will take users back to the last animation on the previous slide.
- No drifting to sleep – Even when users aren’t touching the screen, if a presentation is playing in SlideShark, the iPad’s sleep mode setting will be disabled – preventing black screens from popping up while presenting. When users are otherwise idle – not presenting, uploading or downloading in SlideShark – the app supports normal sleep mode settings.
- Higher-impact reporting – SlideShark’s reporting dashboard is now more visually powerful, with stacked bar graphs that display presentation view tracking information (Plus and Team Edition users only).
“With SlideShark and SlideShark Team Edition, we’re dedicated to making interactions with PowerPoint on the iPad easy – whether you need to view or present a deck, ensure content is current and easily accessible, or track who’s viewing and sharing your presentations,” said Joe Gustafson, Brainshark CEO. “We’re gratified by the outstanding results and feedback from our users, and are committed to continually introducing new and innovative features that meet users’ needs and help them more effectively conduct business on-the-go.”
For more information and to register for SlideShark for free, please visit www.slideshark.com. It’s now even easier for current SlideShark users to try out SlideShark Team Edition as well. Existing app users, as well as those new to SlideShark, can register for a free, 60-day Team Edition trial at https://www.slideshark.com/RegisterTeam.aspx.
About Brainshark, Inc.
Brainshark provides the leading cloud-based software for creating, sharing and tracking online and mobile video presentations. With Brainshark, businesspeople can easily transform static content such as PowerPoint® documents into voice-enriched video presentations that can be accessed anytime, on-demand. Customers can also obtain extensive viewing details, enabling them to measure the effectiveness of their content and follow up accordingly. Thousands of companies – including a third of the Fortune 100 – rely on Brainshark to increase the impact and reduce the cost of their sales, marketing, training and HR communications. For more information, visit www.brainshark.com.